Friday, November 16, 2007

Mopping up a Mess on a Cold & Foggy SF Weekend

The weekend is starting cold and foggy here in San Francisco's Fillmore District. Carlo and Lisa and our entire Vivande staff are operating at full throttle preparing for the crush of Thanksgiving turkey orders that have started coming in.

Soon I will be in my flat overlooking San Francisco Bay. I have just a glimpse of the Golden Gate Bridge. But out on the water, fishing boats will be busy at work trying to mop up the oil that spilled from a container ship last week. What a mess...what a disaster! But there's still a lot to be thankful for.

After a hard week, I'm taking a few large Pantelleria capers straight from the Mediterranean. (They're really in jar, but I think I can smell the Mediterranean sea air when I remove the lid.) After a couple rinses to remove the salt, these bulbous capers are heading straight for my martini glass which will already be filled with cold gin.

...A not so traditional martini for a very traditional American holiday.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home